Oh how i love one pot recipes!
Hey guys! Apologies for no post since the 17th which if you haven’t seen or read, it was my dads fathers day brownies (Aero Mint Chocolate Brownies) check them out, they’re pretty incredible 😀
I’m spending this week down in Plymouth for my week off- which means I haven’t had much chance to write a post. Poor excuse i know- I am sorry!
Good news is, my dads birthday is on Friday, so by the weekend I will have a brand new cake recipe to share with you all. As I have mentioned before in another post none of my family are keen on fondant icing which reduces the cake possibilities down a little… he does however love a good gateau, which has slowly become a bit of a birthday tradition for him.
* CUE PHOTO OF LAST YEARS CAKE*
This year, we are going to go bigger and better… more chocolate in other words 😉
Back to the recipe for today…
Smoky, warm and comforting with a subtle kick of chili- it is an absolute WINNER for a midweek meal *heart eyesssss*
As you already know, risotto is one of my ultimate favourite meals, I cook plenty of it and this is just adding to the list.. It contains a fair bit of garlic and smoked paprika (perfect) but the tomato based sauce makes a nice change to my usual chicken stock sauce.
The garlic was actually pre-chopped and comes in a small jar.. its called ‘Very Lazy Chopped Garlic’ but the one I used is the smoked one and its incredibleeeeeeeee!
It also contains a few different veggies too- green pepper, red pepper, red onion and a boring old brown onion. Team all this with the spicy/smoky tomato sauce and soft pieces of chicken and you’ve got a perfect risotto. (in my opinion obviously 😉 )
I will leave the recipe below! As usual, if you don’t already, do give me a follow and check out the other recipes I have! It does range from sweet to savoury so plenty to read 😉
If this risotto isn’t much your cup of tea- then head on over to my risotto page in the recipe section of my blog, there is plenty more over there:)
Have a good rest of the weekend X
- 350g risotto rice
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 400ml chicken stock (freshly made)
- 250ml pasatta
- 3 tbsp Very Lazy smoked garlic (normal garlic will do though)
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 red onion, diced into small chunks
- 1/2 brown onion, diced into small chunks
- 2 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a deep pan on a medium heat and fry off the onions and garlic until the onions start to soften. Add the paprika, chili flakes, tomato puree and the risotto rice- remove from the heat and give a mix to coat the rice in the spices and puree
- Lower the heat to a low-medium and Return the pan to the heat. Add the rest of the ingredients excluding the chicken. Cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes
- Whilst the risotto is simmering away preheat the oven to 180º celcius and drizzle a little oil over the chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven until cooked through.
- Once its nearing to 15 minutes, check on the risotto to ensure it hasnt stuck slightly or dried out. Once the rice is cooked through, take off the heat and put to one side with the lid on the pan.
- Chop all the chicken up into small chunks and chuck into the risotto and mix
- Serve between the bowls and enjoy 🙂